Tuesday, July 14, 2009

New Addition

So we have a new addition to our family... on May 27th I gave birth to a 7 lb 5 oz baby girl. Her name is Kiera Estrada Schmidt and she is adorable! She looks exactly like Jaden when he was born. Today she is 7 weeks old! Her delivery went so smoothly. She was the opposite of Jaden - my pregnancy with Jaden was easy and the delivery/recovery was tough! My pregnancy with Kiera was tough and very uncomfortable, but the delivery went so smoothly. The recovery has been quick and she and I have been up and around town quite a bit.

I am on maternity leave until August 17 and then I have to go back to work. At that time Jeremy is taking 3 weeks off from work to stay with her so she will be a little bit older/bigger before she has to go into daycare. I am excited for him to be a stay-at-home dad for a few weeks. Should be an experience for him!

Here are a few pictures of Kiera from last week:




No comments: